About Me

kennedale birth doula

Photo Credit: KE Documentary

As a teenager I surrounded myself with children and babysitting jobs.  I knew I wanted a family. As I grew up I played multiple sports and had an athlete mentality.  In high school, I chose volleyball and met the love of my life, Rob, playing the game that I loved the most.  I earned a full athletic scholarship at Southwest Texas State University (now known as Texas State), where I earned by Bachelors of Science in Biology.   On July 13, 1996, I married the love of my life and we settled down in Austin, Texas.

Shortly after my college career ended, we began trying to have a family. After trying for over a year and not succeeding at pregnancy, we began seeing a fertility doctor.  We found out that my body did not ovulate.  I had very irregular menstrual cycles since I began my cycles at age 14.  Being so young and with lack of education I had no idea this was a problem.  With the help of the fertility drug, Clomid, I became pregnant and 10 months later I gave birth to our handsome son, Lee Wyatt. Since we had trouble conceiving with the first child, we started working on our second child soon after our first.  With the help of Clomid again, I became pregnant.  21 months later I gave birth to our beautiful daughter, Raeley Kate.

I have supported several of my friends as their birth Doula, postpartum Doula, breastfeeding and parenting help.  I have helped several pregnant women and new moms relieve their aches, pains and speed up their after birth healing process with the application of Scientology body assists. My favorite story is one of my friend’s had her baby and he was rushed to the NICU after delivery due to a hole in his lung.  After being in the NICU for 3 days, bottle feed and received body assists he made a “miraculous recovery”, stated by the doctor, and was released to go home.  His mom really wanted to breast feed, so I had the task of getting him on the breast.  I lived with them for a week, in Las Vegas, and by the time I left I had baby boy breastfeeding and he continued to do so until he was 3 years old.

With my recent visits with my naturopath doctor, studying and getting down to the bottom of my hormone/reproductive issues and helping my friends postpartum, I realized I really have a passion for being a birth Doula.  Being a very stable, calm person helps me be effective in taking care of others through physical discomfort and supporting them emotionally and mentally while working to achieve their ideal birth plan.  Through my knowledge of books, birth Doula training, chiropractor, naturopath, aromatherapy, acupressure, birth experiences, being an athlete, having a degree in biology, other birth workers, and friends I have gained more knowledge to help support birthing families through their natural birth experience, postpartum support and parenting needs.


At this point in my life, Rob and I have been happily married for 20+ years, we reside in Kennedale, Texas. Wyatt and Raeley are now 21 and 19.  They both a have full time jobs and doing well in life. I am a empty nester house wife, loves to scrapbook, enjoys camp gladiator workouts, eating organically healthy and using essential oils. I am a Scientology Volunteer Minister, a doTERRA wellness advocate and I own a home based business with my sister, custom designing rhinestone shirts, 2 Kraftee Chix, www.2krafteechix.com.

I am a certified birth doula, child birth educator, lactation educator and belly binding specialist servicing the DFW and surrounding areas.  My advance doula certified skill set includes aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth, postpartum, acupressure and TENS unit for labor. My passion lies with first time moms and women with a heart of an athlete who desire a home or birth center birthing experience.  I look forward to joining your birth team, helping you achieve your birth game day plan and starting your new family dynamic.

Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby, LABOR ON!

-Doula Krisha

Serenity Life Doula

My Birth Stories

newborn wyatt

Lee Wyatt

It was a Friday night, while eating dinner with my sister and her sister in law at Lone Star Café.  I excused myself to the restroom because I was not feeling well.  We finished up dinner and returned back to my sister’s house where my husband was helping his brother in law put lifts on his jeep.  I was feeling crummy so I went back home to lie down. It took me awhile to realize I was in labor.  Several hours went by before I could time regular contractions.  About midnight, Rob got home and helped me get through the contractions.  About 2 o’clock my contractions were about 5 minutes apart, lasting for a minute and so hard, that I could not walk, talk or laugh during them and they had persisted in this manor for an hour. We called the on call doctor, my doctor just left for Spain, and he said come to the hospital. So I finished up the baby’s laundry and got into the car to go to the hospital.

Upon arriving, I slowly made my way to the birthing floor, having to stop frequently to bend over to support a contraction and got checked in. Once checked in, they hooked me up to a blood pressure machine, external fetal heart rate monitor and IV to administer Pitocin.  I was not dilated yet. They would not give me an epidural until I was at 3 cm.  Felt like a lifetime, but by 5 o’clock I was at 3 cm and could not bear the pain anymore and got an epidural and on top of that the nurse broke my bag of waters.  It was discovered the baby had pooped in the womb, condition called meconium.   The nurse also tried to make us put an internal fetal monitor into the top of his head because he was having decels.  We argued with the nurse and refused the internal monitor.

When the epidural kicked in, my husband and I were able to get a few hours of sleep and let the body do what it was going to do. I opened up and effaced fairly quickly.  At 8:30 Saturday morning I was 10 cm open and 100% efface, time to push.  I laid on my back with feet up in stirrups and began pushing.  The progress was very, very slow.  I pushed for 2 ½ hours and had given myself a headache.  The doctor gave me an episiotomy, without asking and decided the baby was not going to come out without the help of forceps.  My husband asked the doctor if I could get one more push.  The doctor giggled and said “she can try but the baby will not come out.”  Rob leaned over me and said “baby, you have to get the baby out now!” I pushed like I had not pushed before and out came the baby’s head.  The doctor was so amazed he dropped the forceps on the ground to handle the baby.  Next, one of the nurse’s climbed on top of my belly to push with all her might to help me deliver the shoulders and the rest of the body.  The shoulders squeezed their way out and the rest of the body followed leaving me with a released feeling and joyful tears.  Lee Wyatt has born at 11:35 AM, on due date, March 13th, with the cord wrapped around his neck which was cut quickly and he was rushed into the hands of the NICU doctors and nurses. They wanted to suction his lungs and breathing passages before he took his first breathe.  As he was passed through the birthing room, jokes were made of his size, that he was a “full grown football player” and already a “kindergartener.”  A few minutes went by and we heard the wails of our new baby boy.  They cleaned him up, wrapped him in blankets and brought him to us.  We introduced ourselves to him and promised him we would care for him as he grew up.  I laid on the bed for quite some time while the doctor stitched me up and Rob left with Lee Wyatt to the baby center for additional tests.  I was in labor for 16 hours and pushed for  2 ½ hours to bring our first bundle of joy into our lives who weighed 9 lbs 8 ozs and 21 ¾ inches long.  The next day we were released from the hospital and headed home to begin our new family life together.  Lee Wyatt was an aggressive, avid breast feeder.  I dealt with engorged breasts, sore and bleeding nipples. With the help of my husband, family and friends I was coached through it.  After the first week, the breast feeding got a lot easier.  I was blessed with plenty of milk for him which was a good thing because his demand was very high.

Lee Wyatt is now 21 years of age, 6 ft 5 inches tall and wears a size 13 shoe.  He is extremely bright, responsible, loves art, has his welding degree and is a very strong athlete when it comes to Jiu Jitsu.  Rob and I have enjoyed the years watching him mature into a young man and look forward to watching him create his future.

baby raeley 2

Raeley Kate

I had my doctor’s appointment the morning of Wednesday, December 27th, one day past due date.  Upon my check from the doctor he said you are having contractions and in labor.  I said “really?”  He told me he has time to deliver me today if I would like to have the baby today.  Well, I needed to write payroll on Friday so I said let’s do it.

Rob drove me to the hospital, we checked in about 11:30 AM and we called all the family members.  I was hooked up to the external fetal heart rate monitor, IV and blood pressure machines.  Lee Wyatt was running around the room checking out all the cool devices.  I could feel my contractions but they were not very strong so they gave me Pitocin to strengthen them.  When I arrived at the hospital I was already 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I labored for hours and I literally got stuck at 6 cm for hours.  I was able to handle the contractions much easier this time around and for a longer period of time.  When I got stuck at 6 cm for half of the day I started to panic because the rushes were much more painful.  I wanted to try to have this baby without epidural but got to a point where I felt like I just needed it.  After getting the epidural I opened up to 9 cm right away.  In my mind, it was the right thing to do. About 8 PM at night I was 10 cm open and 100% effaced and began to push.  I pushed for 45 minutes.  My doctor would come in time to time and massage my perineum to aid its stretching.  The baby crowned and it was go time!  My doctor was an excellent coach and really made want to have this baby.

I gave birth to Raeley Kate at 8:43 PM without tearing or needing an episiotomy.  She was BIG!  The doctor made a comment he “will have to use 2 hands for this one”.  Rob got to cut the umbilical cord and they laid Raeley on my chest.  Raeley was born with beautiful black hair, long finger nails and smacking her lips.  She weighed in at 9 lbs 14 ozs and 21 ½ inches long.  We hit it off with nursing right away. We were released the very next day to begin our new adventure as a family of 4. And yes, I worked and wrote payroll that Friday.

Raeley Kate is now 19 years old, blond hair, blue eyes and 5 ft 11 inches tall.  She is extremely athletic and is enjoying working her way up the managment levels a Chick Fil A. She has wonderful bubbly personality and turns no one away as a friend.  Rob and I could not be more proud of a beautiful, bright young lady she has become.

kennedale birth doula

Photo Credit: KE Documentary

Krisha Crosley CD(DONA)

Serenity Life Doula

Certified Birth Doula